Read the passages below and summarize them using one sentence in not more than 75 words(30-35 words). Type your response in the comment section at the bottom of the screen. You will have 10 minutes to finish each passage.Your response will be judged on the quality of your writing and on how well your response presents the key points in the passage.
1.There is an average of around 480,000 passengers that ride in a taxi in NSW every day in NSW (NSW Taxi Council). There are limited empirical data available on the reasons for, and characteristics of those, using taxi services. Business commuters and tourists are thought to be those most likely to account for a large proportion of rides during the day, while taxi usage spikes on Friday and Saturday nights where other transport options are limited. In addition to these main user groups, however, taxi services are utilised by a large cross section of the community.
In particular, taxis provide a vital service for communities and specific groups where alternative public transport options are limited or non-existent. For example, taxis service a wide range of special transport needs that are not always met by mass transit options (e.g. bus or train) including:
·people with restricted mobility or wheelchair accessible requirements;
· hospital/patient transfers;
· school children with disabilities through the Assisted Schools Travel Program;
· vision impairment, including those travelling with guide dogs;
· Veterans and family members covered by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs;
· The aged and frail
2.One of the major uses for VR in the customer experience journey is the ability to design spaces and experiences for customers virtually, and be able to test, refine and enhance these at a much lower cost and quicker turnaround than testing physical prototypes. Robbie Robertson, a lead partner in the Spatial and Brand Experience team says “In our ever changing world the need to test, immerse and validate our ideas with our customers has become paramount. Using VR and AR we can provide
a mixture of three core elements:
• Engage: VR is an immersive technology that allows customers to experience a space and place before it is built.
• Persuade: we can test and train stakeholders in new work practices or process to ensure that they are adopted correctly.
• Inform: visualising a new idea or concept has always been a challenge for many clients. VR and AR allows us to inform them immediately as to the impact of our designs.”
PTE writing practice-summarize written text exercise
Write your response in comment section
MORE PRACTICE LINKS: