Questions wise tips to score 79+ in PTE Academic
Read Aloud Speaking 79+
Read aloud with breaks at the punctuations and some intonations. Don’t rush, maintain constant speed pace and make sure you read and not just swallow words. Never, re-read a word that you have read wrongly. Because, the number of words we read is compared with the number of words in the passage while scoring, and remember this is just one out of many criteria while scoring and there are other scales as well.
Before the recording begins, you will have 40 sec. That time the mic will not be open. Use this time to read as you are going to do when the mic opens. This way, you will be able to identify some difficult words and learn its pronunciation. You can find read aloud repeated questions
Listening and Writing sections are pretty straight forward. However, in “summarize spoken text” under the listening section and “write essay” underwriting section, allot at least 5 minutes only to review what you just wrote. Do not spend too much time thinking of what to write or how to arrange your sentences and paragraphs. Believe me, you will run out of time! Take just a minute or two to think and then start writing whatever comes to your head. In the last 6-7 minutes, arrange/correct your sentences, form paragraphs, review your answer for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Tips for Listening section to get 79+ in PTE-
It is easy to get points in this section and u don’t need to make any special strategy for it. However, Highlight Correct Summary, Highlight incorrect words, write from dictation secure more marks and ensure spelling marks in “write from dictation” section.
Writing a Good Summary:
Summary writing is the process of reading a text, identifying the main ideas and then writing the important ideas in many fewer words. A summary should be brief and include only important ideas or information from the text. Summaries should not include examples or repetitions. Summarizing helps you understand and remember the information you read. Below are some basic guidelines to follow when writing a good summary.
Guidelines for Writing a Summary
Use these strategies when summarizing a text. For long texts apply the steps for each section.
• Find the most important information that tells what the paragraph or group of paragraphs is about.
• Use this information to write a topic sentence.
• Find 2 – 3 main ideas and important details that support your topic sentence and show how they are related.
• Keep the ideas and facts in a logical order that expands on your topic sentence.
• Combine several main ideas into a single sentence.
• Substitute a general term for lists of items or events.
• Do not include unimportant or minor details.
• Do not repeat information.
• Write the summary in your own words — do not copy information directly from the text.
For short answer questions in speaking:-
There is no point in saying more than you need to say. Marks are awarded for a short, accurate answer. There are no extra marks for additional words. For example, for this question: ‘What type of periodical is published on a daily basis?’, both these answers would score the same marks: newspapers It’s newspapers that are published every day.
For Guys facing difficulty in RE-ORDER Paragraph:- Strategy would be to identify the topic sentence and they just follow the flow of the message, this para is trying to convey. You can get a max of three questions in this section. A couple of questions with four sentences need to be placed in order or sometimes just three sentences to Re-order. Pretty straight forward, if you identify the topic sentence. OK, what is a TOPIC sentence? A sentence that can stand alone and looks like a statement than having some kind of reference or relation to other sentences in the given list. Sometimes a concluding sentence would also sound similar; however, major difference b/w topic and concluding sentence is that conclusion sentence try to recommend or predictor draws a conclusion.
Do you know your Score of Writing Skill of PTE does not depend on Writing Section only?
Please note that your writing score depends on the following item types-
Writing Section: Summarizing written text
Writing Section: Write Essay
Reading Section: Reading & Writing: Fill in the blanks
Listening Section: Summarize spoken text
Listening Section: Fill in the blanks
Listening Section: Write from dictation
If you want 79+ in the writing skill of your PTE test, you have to ace in all of these sections.
Exam tips-My advice to all test takers. I am sharing few tips which would help you during the exam.
1. Concentrate very hard because you will be distracted by others in the exam room during the speaking sessions. Everybody speaks hard and loud, you can’t control that. Press headphones hard to ur ears when listening and concentrate.
2. Don’t underestimate writing essays. you will hardly have time to plan and type 200-300 words in 20 minutes. My advice…After reading the question, start typing immediately and have an eye on the timer.
3. The reading part is another deceiving session. you will run out of time before you realize. So practice hard.
4. Stay confident and crack the exam.
My advice to all test takers:
1. Concentrate very hard because u will be distracted by others in the exam room during the speaking session. Everybody speaks hard and loud and you can’t control that. Press headphones hard to ur ear when listening and concentrate.
2. Don’t underestimate writing essays. you will hardly have time to plan and type 200-300 words in 20 minutes. My advice, after reading the question, start typing immediately and have an eye on the timer.
3. The reading part is another deceiving session. You will run out of time before you realize. So practice hard.
4. Stay confident and crack the exam. Good luck…
PTE key points to remember to score 79+
Summarise written text-30 words ideal. Identify keywords. Read twice in 2 mins. Write for 7 minutes. Edit in 1 minute. Who did what? What happened? Ignore details.
Write an Essay– Prepare 1 min-Write 18 min-Check 1 min.
Identify two sides. 1 idea per paragraph. Intro (rewrite sections 1 & 2, This essay will..), 2 Whys and conclusion. One cause in one Why para. Only one side in conclusion.
Retell lecture-Take notes while listening. Create vocabulary from the image.
Describe an image-Introduce image title and X-axis. 10 sec. Key features most noticeable. 20 sec. Conclusion starting with Overall. Summary/opinion. 8 sec.
Repeat sentence-Remember phrases. Keywords. Listen and repeat.
Summarise spoken text-Take notes while listening. Multiple sentences. 70 words.
Write from dictation-Listen and absorb the sentence. Then type fast. Use grammar to correct sentences. Meaning words and grammar words.
Reorder paragraph- Independent sentence. The object of sentence 1 connects to the subject of the next sentence. Subject+Verb+Object. Grammar
You have to prepare for the test to get 79+. If you simply go and give it you will be shocked to see your marks.
Remember, everyone has a weak area and you need to identify yours by taking tests