Latest PTE Essay Topics
PTE essays list, these topics are usually repeated in PTE Academic exam. Essay questions may change but essays are from similar topics. The PTE essay topics list will be updated as new topics appear in the exam.
PTE Academic essay list 2020/Repeated PTE essays
You can click on topics below for PTE essays topics with sample answers
- Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products or it is the responsibility of the producer to avoid extra packaging of products?” Give your views or any relevant example with your own experience.
- Many people think regions affect successful persons. What is your opinion about native regions and accomplished person influence on the regions they belong to?
- The environment we are living in is in danger due to various problems…so who do u think should be responsible for solving it? Is it the governments, organization or each individual?
- Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some, it acts as a companion. What is your opinion about this?
- Company Top level Authorities should or should not take employee’s suggestions or ideas to take any decisions. Discuss
- Successful sports stars and glamorous film stars are a role model for youngsters. Do u support it or not? (Agree/Disagree)
- Tobacco, mainly in the form of cigarettes is one of the most widely used drugs in the world. Over a billion adults legally smoke tobacco every day. The long-term health costs are high- for the smokers themselves, and for the wider community in terms of health care costs and lost productivity.Do Governments have a legitimate role in protecting citizens from the harmful effects of their own decisions to smoke, or are such decisions up to an individual?”
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples.
- In some countries around the world, voting is compulsory.Do you agree with the notion of compulsory voting?
- Any new technological development in the recent years is a boon or curse for the society in general
- It is argued that getting married before finishing school or getting a job is not a good choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Parents should be held legally responsible for their children’s acts. What is your opinion? Support it with personal examples….
- Marketing strategy for big companies should be placed on offer and discounts, and in what ways this can impact on their reputation.
- What is the best invention of last 100 years, the computer, antibiotics, the airplane, and explain why?
- Dangerous activities like extreme skiing, bungee jumping etc. And whether u support them or not
- Do you think that place where the person grew has an influence on his accomplishments? Explain with example.
- Student travel to study is overrated, we have brilliant scholars who studied locally. Is travel really required for higher studies?
- Some people believe laws change human behavior. Do you agree with it?
People usually mix their private and professional life. What are the pros and cons of this?
The mass media, including TV, radio, and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
In underdeveloped countries, tourism has disadvantages and can be said the opposite as well
- International travel and tourism makes people prejudiced rather than broad-minded. What are its causes and what measures can be taken to solve this problem
- With technology speeding up, more and more young people begin to use mobile phones and the Internet, but old people have little chance to be exposed to them. What ways could mobile phone and the Internet be useful to old people? How can old people be encouraged to use this new technology?
- Some people think that students benefit from going to private secondary schools. Others, however, feel that private secondary schools can have a negative effect on society as a whole. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
- Imitating celebrities in sports and movies is good or bad
- Any recent Invention that you think proved beneficial or detrimental to society.
- In the past 100 years, there are many inventions such as antibiotics, airplanes and computers. What do you think is the most important invent for the past 100 years? Why?
Extreme sports like skiing, rafting, diving should be banned. Agree or disagree? Argumentative / persuasive/ opinionated type essay.
- Do you think that formal written examinations are a good way to assess knowledge at school?
- The information revolution has changed the ways of mass communication and had some negative and positive effects on individuals’ lives as well as on society. To what extent you are agreed or disagree?
- Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. Is it more positive for their future aspect or have some adverse effects. Do u agree or disagree? Give examples from your experience.
- In under developed countries, tourism has disadvantages and can be said the opposite as well.
- Communication has changed significantly in the last 10 years. Discuss the positive and negative impacts of this change.
- Education is the biggest barrier in my learning – Einstein. What do you mean by this? And do you think Einstein was correct to saying that./The only thing that interferes with my learning is toy education- Einstein? What does he mean by that? And do you think he is correct?
- As global trade increases between different countries, many daily necessities are produced in other countries. Such goods are usually transported a long distance. Do the benefits of this trend outweigh its drawbacks?
- Discuss both sides of Space travel vs. Current crucial problems faced by humans?
- Do you think English will remain to be a global language despite globalization?
The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn. Agree or Disagree? Argumentative / persuasive/ opinionated type essay.
- People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, or to increase knowledge).Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- You are given climate as the field of study. Which area will you prefer? Explain why you picked up the particular area for your study?
- Some developing countries invite large multinational companies to open offices and factories in order to help their economy. However, others feel that foreign companies should be shut out and instead the government should help the local companies to contribute to the economic growth. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge what is right and wrong so that they can behave well. Others say that teachers should only teach students academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Foreign languages should be compulsory in the primary school. How far do you agree with the above statement?
45. Xenophobia has accelerated rapidly in the Western countries. According to you what solutions can be proposed by the government and individuals?
More practice Links:
PTE exam questions from recent test-PTE exam memories
Vocabulary & phrases for PTE Academic essay writing
PTE essay template and structure-Tips for PTE essay writing
46.In underdeveloped countries. Tourism has disadvantages and can be said the opposite as well. Discuss
47. television has many useful functions to play in everyone’s life, for some its relaxation, for some it is the companion. Discuss your viewpoint and support your answer with examples and discussion point.
48. Is growing children in 21 st century difficult than past
49. Do teachers punish students for late submission of assignments in universities?
50. The role of human cloning has accelerated rapidly. To what extent you think will it replace the material things
51. Global transportation advantages and disadvantages-PTE sample essay
52. The traffic congestion has increased massively across the globe. The government has proposed a solution to raise the taxes to reduce the traffic jam. What is your view on this?
53. Polygamy has increased widely in recent years. What solutions can you brought forward to decrease this issue?
54. Animal rights are the most important. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages
55. Benefits and problems of studying and work related to old theatre play in high schools .give your opinion with examples.
56. There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? Please provide a solution
57. World history suggests that violence and conflict were more evident under male leadership than under female leadership. So, for peace to prevail, female leadership can be considered as a better option than male leadership.
58.PTE essay-Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important
59. Some people think women should be given equal chances to work and excel in their careers. Others believe that a woman’s role should be limited to taking care of the house and children. Which opinion do you agree with and why? Include specific details and examples to support your choice.
60. Some people think that keeping pets is good for children while others think it is dangerous and unhealthy. Which opinion do you agree with? Discuss both options and give examples.
61. In some countries, the number of shootings increases because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
62. Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that develop the mind, such as reading and doing crossword puzzles. Others feel that it is important to give one’s mind a rest in leisure time. Discuss.
63. Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities, while others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities studying together. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.
64. The only effective way to deal with unemployment is to introduce rapid urbanization. How far you agree?
65. PTE essay-Sports and games create disturbance in a student’s life because students cannot fully concentrate on their studies
66. The newspaper is no longer a need in the modern society “. What is your opinion?
67. Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
68.ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF CREDIT CARD? DOES THE PEOPLE OF MIDDLE-CLASS USE MORE CREDIT CARD THAN OTHER PEOPLE?
69. Some people think foreign visitors should be charged more than local people when they visit the cultural and historical attractions in a country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
70. As people become increasingly more dependent on motor cars, the public transport systems tend to run down. This has serious consequences for both the existing community and new communities, which are spreading farther and farther from town centers. Express your opinion, and support the same with reasons and examples.
71. Some people prefer to play team sports, while other prefer to play individual sports. Discuss the advantages of each. Then indicate which you prefer and why?
72. In many countries, good schools and medical facilities are available only in cities. Some people think new teachers and doctors should work in rural areas for a few years, but others think everyone should be free to choose where they work. Discuss and give your own opinion.
73. Some people think past history has nothing or little to tell us, but others think that studying the past history can help us better understand the present. Please discuss the two views and give your own opinion.
74. Air travel can only benefit the richest people in the world. Ordinary people can get no advantage with the development of air travel. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
75. Some people think it is not necessary for adults to receive education in class. Self-study is a good way for them to study more effectively. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
76. People can perform everyday tasks, such as shopping and banking as well as business transactions, without meeting other people face-to-face because of technology. What are the effects of this on individual and society as a whole?
77. With the increase in the use of mobile phones and computers, fewer people are writing letters. Some people think that the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear completely. To what extent do you agree or disagree? How important do you think is letter-writing?
78. The food travels thousands of miles from farm to consumer. Some people think it would be better to our environment and economy if people only ate local produced food. What extent do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
79. Some people think imported food exerts positive impacts on our lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
80. There are social, medical and technical problems associated with the use of mobile phones. What forms do they take? Do you agree that the problems outweigh the benefits of mobile phones?
81. What are mass communications? What are the means of mass communication means or What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
82.PTE Academic humanities essay
83. Do you think the place where a person grew up helps him/her in accomplishing goals in life? Do you agree or disagree?
84.“In a war of ideas, it is people who get killed’: Does a common man suffer from a group’s ideology? Express your opinion, and support the same with reasons and examples.
85. Working and living abroad helps us to know other cultures well. How far you think working abroad has good or bad impacts on our cultural lives?
86. In many countries, children are engaged in different kinds of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion?
87. PTE model essay-Stress is now a major problem in many countries around the world
88. In today’s world, different government and international organization are confronting many problems / The world’s governments and organizations are facing a lot of issues. Which do you think is the most pressing problem for the inhabitants on our planet and give the solution?
89. A company should concentrate on sales or reputations as long term strategies in the market. Discuss
90. PTE essay-mass communication influence our lives especially the children
91. PTE essay-Someone speaks but don,t follow it in reality
92. Some people suggest that each family should only have one car and encourage alternative vehicle
93. It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school
94. PTE essay-what role should governments play to combat climate change
95. PTE essay Euthanasia is no longer acceptable in the modern society.
96. TELEVISION SHOWS AND ITS IMPACT ON SOCIETY
97. PTE essay-Sports and games create disturbance in student’s life because students cannot fully concentrate on their studies
98. PTE essay-The only effective way to deal with unemployment is to introduce rapid urbanisation. How far you agree?
99. PTE essay-There are many different types of music in the world today
Latest essay topics 2020
100. Do you think design of buildings have positive or negative impact. Which way it can effect on work and live?”
101. e-books are completely taking over paper-based books. University libraries should focus on e-books only instead of paper-based books. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and give your opinion.
102. Cities are now expanding; the government should make a better network for public transport or should build more roads to facilitate car ownership? Agree or Disagree?
103. Computer and online gaming should be banned from students at school as they have no educational value.
104. Medical Treatment Nowadays is a blessing or a Curse.
105. In the world today the balance between work and spending time with family is becoming increasingly important. What is your opinion? And why is it so difficult to achieve?
106. Does personality describe the person? To what extent do you agree?
107. Life teaches us lessons and such lessons are key to success. How far do you agree with this statement and do you think formal education is important or people should rely on their life experiences. / Life experience is a better teacher than school
108. How to control the rapidly growing population in the cities and the necessary measures to be taken to control it.
109. Earlier working from home was discouraged. Nowadays, many organizations are encouraging telecommuting. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages. Support your opinion with examples.
110. Technology allows us to have a useful and interesting life than in the past. Do you agree or disagree?
111. The role of a library in keeping books is obsolete. So universities should use digital media. What is your opinion? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages.
112. In order to study effectively, it requires comfort, peace and time. So it is impossible for a student to combine learning and employment at the same time because one distracts the other. Is it realistic to combine them at the same time? Support your opinion with examples.
113. Medical technology is responsible for increasing the average life expectancy. Do you think it is a curse or a blessing?
114. Some people point that experiential learning (i.e. learning by doing it) can work well in formal education. However, others think a traditional form of teaching is the best. Do you think experiential learning can work well in high schools or colleges?
115. The time people devote to the job leaves very little time for personal life. How widespread is the problem? What problem will this shortage of time cause?
117. Governments promise continuous economic growths, but it’s actually an illusion. Some people think that
governments should abandon this. Please discuss the validity and implications.
118. In this technological world, the number of new inventions has been increasing. Please describe a new invention,
and determine whether it will bring advantages or disadvantages.
119. Nowadays, people believe that the environment influences their accomplishments. Some people think their
success and accomplishment were influenced by the places where they grew up. Do you think the environment
does or does not affect people’s accomplishment and how it affects?
120. There are many people who are defined by the place where they grow up. Please think of a celebrity you know
who becomes famous because of his/her hometown or the place where he/she grows up. Give examples of
how his/her accomplishment is influenced by the place where he/she grows up.
121. The information revolution and mass communication, Discuss impacts on individuals and societies.
122. In order to study effectively, it requires comfort, peace, and time. So it is impossible for a student to combine
learning and employment at the same time because one distracts the other. Is it realistic to combine them at
the same time in our life today? Support your opinion with examples.
123. Television services many functions. Watching TV makes us relax. We can learn knowledge and information from
TV programs. Besides, TV can also be seen as a companion. To what extent do you agree with this? Use your
own experience to support your ideas.
124. A recent trend in the entertainment world is to adapt classic works of literature for either TV or the movies. One argument is that this is to everyone’s benefit, as it introduces people to work they might otherwise never have experienced, others say that turning books into movies not only cheapens the original but is rarely done successfully.
125. In your opinion, do works of literature translate effectively to the screen? Support your arguments with reasons and /or examples from your own experience and observations.
126. Describe a recent invention and explain the impact, either beneficial or detrimental, that you feel it has had on
Buy an essay online on CustomWritings.com on any of these topics.
5 reasons why the PTE Academic test is more popular than IELTS for Australia Visa
New answer short questions from recent exams (updated)
PTE describe image questions with sample answers | real exam questions
Don’t get afraid of these many essays topics because many of them are same with different question. May be overall 50 different essay types. More PTE essays topic will be added as they appear in PTE exam.
Please add new PTE essay topics in comment section,if its not on the list. We will add solved essay for the students.
Like this post? Share it with your friends!!
MORE PTE PRACTICE LINKS:
PTE Books-Best books for PTE Academic exam preparation
PTE describe image with model answer
PTE ACADEMIC ENABLING SKILLS SCORE GUIDE
Tips for improving listening score in PTE Academic exam
New answer short questions from recent exams (updated)