Good news for students yearning to study in English speaking countries such as Canada, Australia, and the USA. The Duolingo English Test (DET) is an English proficiency exam that generates a CEFR-aligned score. It is a computer-adaptive test (CAT), and it uses item types that provide maximal information about English language proficiency.
Duolingo English Test assesses your English language skills in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking on the computer but with one huge difference: you can take it from the comfort of your own home. You don’t need to visit any center and no prior appointment is required.
Duolingo English test fee
The fee of the Duolingo English Test is only 49 dollars while most other English proficiency tests cost over 200 dollars. You have to pay before you take the test. All major credit cards are accepted, Chinese students can also pay using Alipay. You will get the result within 48 hours of completing the test, and share it with anyone, immediately. Hundreds of universities around the world accept the Duolingo English Test. You can send your score reports to as many of them as you want, for free and results are valid for 2 years
Duolingo English Test accepted by hundreds of institutions worldwide. You can find the full list of institutions accepting test here.
The total test duration is only one hour and results are available within two working days. Test takers are required to take the test alone in a quiet environment. The Test can be taken in the Chrome and Opera browsers worldwide. There are strict rules that test-takers must adhere to while taking the test. Minimum download speed of 2 Mbps and upload speed of 1 Mbps is recommended for test sessions.
The test consist of three sections:
- Quick set up– An introduction that walks you through the test rules and requirements.
- Adaptive test (45 minutes)- A graded section that evaluates your reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- A video interview (10 minutes)- An ungraded section that records your answers to open-ended questions.
If you want to familiarize yourself with the test, you can try the free practice test on the Duolingo website. Students can attempt the practice test as many times as you want.
Getting Ready for test-Things to Know
Before the test starts, test takers have to complete a process. This process checks the computer’s microphone and speaker work. It is also at this time that the test taker identification information is collected and that the test taker is informed of the test’s administration rules.
Things to do before attempting the test
- Use your English skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Take a free practice test
- Understand the test rules
- Prepare your test environment
- Take the test when you are rested and ready
Duolingo English Test Rules
- The grading accounts for all types of accents, Try to speak normally and clearly.
- you can’t write or access notes or outside material when you take the test
- No headphone or earphones
- No looking off-screen
- No plugins or accessing outside programs
- Nobody else in the test environment
- No outside devices or material
- Disabling the microphone or camera
- Leaving the web browser
Test requirements-You must have
- Your passport, driver’s license or government ID
- A quiet, well-lit room
- 60 minutes of free time
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer
Your computer must have
- A supported browser
- A front-facing camera
- A microphone
Duolingo English test score comparison with IELTS & TOEFL
Students can contact me for online training and more information on the test. Contact me at email@example.com for admission with this test. You can also call/WhatsApp me on +917508676970 for more information.