PTE Academic Speaking answer short question|Most repeated answer short question
We have compiled answer short question samples for PTE exam aspirants.Lets have alook a the list of questions below:
Most frequent Real answer short question from recent exams(updated):
1. What is the first paragraph of an essay? – Introduction
2. What do we call the thread in the center of the candle? – Wick
3. What are the mountains that can erupt? – Volcanoes.
4. What are the people who study history and historical evidence? – Historian.
5. Which symbol is used to complete a sentence? – Full stop / period
6. Where does a camel normally live? – Desert.
7. A document protecting someone’s intellectual property? – Copyright.
8. What is the job title for someone who makes meals in a restaurant? – Chef/Cook
9. Which part at the end of book can be used for further reading? An index or a bibliography? – Bibliography
10. What does a Sundial measure? – Time
11. How many years are there in a passage of decade? – 10 years
12. Who sits in the cockpit of an airplane? – Pilot.
13. When your bone is injured and broken, what would you say you have? – Fracture.
14. How do you call the people who work for a company? – Employees.
15. Which one is more fuel efficient, a small car or a large truck? – A small car.
16. What is the big musical instrument that has 88 black and white keys? – Piano.
17. What is the meaning of “post” in the word “postgraduate”? – After
18. How many days are there added in February during a leap year? – ? 1 day
19. How do you call a doctor who can sell prescribed medicines in a hospital? – Chemist/Pharmacist.
20. Which one would a vegetarian most likely to eat, sandwiches or fruit salad? – Fruit salad.
21. Which one has a lower humidity, a desert or a rainforest? – A desert.
22. If you have a toothache, do you go to a surgeon or a dentist? – Dentist.
23. Animals with white ivory and long trunk? – Elephant
24. How many years does a centennial celebrates? – 100 years.
25. What do you call a list in front of a book which outlines the structure of a book? – Table of Contents
More Answer short questions
1. Which one has a higher humidity, a desert or a rainforest? – A rainforest.
2. Under which circumstance would you describe the economy as a good one, the one with high unemployment or low
unemployment? – Low unemployment.
3. How do you call the book where you collect all your photos together? – Album.
4. How many days are there in February during a leap year? – 29 days.
5. When you use Microsoft Word, what does “Times New Roman” mean? – Font.
6. Which organ is the blood pumped from? – Heart.
7. How would you describe someone who can speak two languages? – bilingual.
8. What is the outer part that protects fruits like oranges and bananas? – Peel.
9. Where can students borrow reference materials in school? – library.
10. How do you call the money that citizens must contribute to the government for public use? – Tax.
11. What kind of clothes and shoes do you wear to keep it comfortable when hiking? – Hiking outfit.
12. What is the hardest/toughest part of your hand? – Nails.
13. What is the hard object in the center of peaches, apples and pears? – Stone.
14. In a grassland or a swamp can you normally see an alligator ? – Swamp.
15. If you want to find the map of the US, what type of book should you use? – Atlas.
16. Where can you find the index in a book? – At the end.
17. What is the electronic device that wake you up in the morning? – Alarm clock.
18. How do you describe the line that divides a circle in two pieces? – Chord
19. When you react to a stimulus, is your response quick or slow? – Quick.
20. Why are bees so important to agriculture? – Pollination.
21. If you are happy with an agreement, what would you like to put at the bottom of the contract with the date? – Signature.
22. What is the natural material used to make a car tire? – Rubber
23. What does the chemical symbol H2O stands for? – Water.
24. A newspaper is published everyday, and a journal is published every month. What do you call the publication that is
published four times a year? – Quarterly.
Answer short question archive
|1||What do we call a period of 10 years ?||Decade|
|2||What do we call a period of 100 years ?||Century|
|3||What do we call a period of 1000 years ?||Millennium|
|4||A specialist who repairs leaking water pipes is called as ?||Plumber|
|5||What is a painting of person head usually called ?||Portrait|
|6||Where would you find an urban area: in a city or in the countryside ?||a city|
|7||What do we call it when the Moon completely blocks out the light from the Sun ?||A Solar Eclipse|
|8||What point of compass is directly opposite to East ?||West|
|9||Where do you pay for your purchases at a supermarket ?||Till or checkout|
|10||What do you call an apartment that is below ground level: a basement apartment or a penthouse||Basement apartment|
|11||What feature do pianos and computers have in common ?||Keyboard|
|12||If you are feeling fed up, is it a positive or negative feeling ?||Negative feeling|
|13||What emergency service is usually called when someone is in trouble at sea : ambulance or coastguard ?||Coastguard|
|14||Name a month that falls between April and June ?||May|
|15||What word describes moving a program or other material from a website to your computer ?||Downloading|
|16||What do we call a picture that a doctor takes to see inside your body ?||X-ray|
|17||A famous canal links the Mediterranean sea with the Indian Ocean. Is it the Corinth or the Suez Canal ?||Suez Canal|
|18||What crime has someone stealing items from a shop committed: shopfitting or shoplifting ?||Shop Lifting|
|19||If someone is feeling a little ill, they may say they are feeling “under the ” what ?||Weather|
|20||Who is the person in charge of a football match ?||Referee|
|21||What do we call the last game in a sporting competition, which decide the champion ?||Finals|
|22||What is the general term of paintings of the countryside or natural views ?||Landscape|
|23||Which of these would probably be found in an office : a printer, a blanket or a nail brush ?||a printer|
|24||Where would you store meat you wish to keep frozen at home ?||Freezer|
|25||What is the most important document you would have to show if you wanted to hire a car ?||Drivers Licence|
|26||Where would you go to work out on a treadmill ?||Gym|
|27||What piece of equipment would you use to go diving in the sea, an aqualung or an aquaplane ?||aqualung|
|28||What piece of equipment would you use for floating on the sea ?||Aquaplane|
|29||Where would you most likely go to buy some flour; a bakery, a florist or a supermarket ?||A Supermarket|
|30||Which hospital department would you go to for an x-ray : radiology or cardiology ?||Radiology|
|31||Where would you go to see an exhibition of sculpture ?||Art gallery /Museum|
|32||Would you measure the volume of bottle water in liters or Kilos ?||Litres|
|33||What’s the joint called where your hand is connected to your arm ?||Wrist|
|34||What do you call a system of government in which people vote for the people who will represent them ?||Democracy|
|35||What do we call the piece of paper that proves you have bought the item ?||Receipt|
|36||What do you call the document that gives details about your qualifications and work experience ?||Resume|
|37||How would you describe an economy based largely on farming ?||agriculturist|
|38||What is the study of stars and planets called ?||Astronomy|
|39||In business and advertising what does PR stand for ?||Public Relations|
|40||Which section of a Newspapers gives the editor’s opinion ?||editorial|
|41||What instrument would you use to examine very small objects or life forms ?||Microscope|
|42||What is a destructive program that spreads from computer to computer ?||Virus|
|43||What term is used for animals such as humans that usually give birth to live young : mammals or reptiles ?||Mammals|
|44||What is the quickest way of traveling from Hong Kong to Paris ?||by plane|
|45||What is the name for the huge natural body that orbits the sun ?||A planet|
|46||What can be added to the drink to cool it down on hot day ?||Ice|
|47||What special document do most people travelling from one country to another carry ?||Passport|
|48||What kind of equipment is used to protect motorbike rider’s brain from injury ?||a Helmet|
|49||What is the last thing to do when baking a cake ?||cook it in the oven|
|50||Would you go to the pharmacy or surgery to get a prescription filled after visiting a doctor ?||a pharmacy|
|51||There are two main way to pay in shop, one by cash and other by ?||Credit Card|
|52||How many days are in a leap year ?||366|
|53||To improve their health and fitness, most people either try to improve their diet or ?||do more physical exercise|
|54||Would it be better to use kilometers or kilograms to measure the distance between two cities ?||Kilometers|
|55||The large island just off the coast of mainland Europe is home to which country ?||The United Kingdom|
|56||Would it be better to go jogging at noon, or in early morning, if you wanted to avoid the hottest part of the day?||early morning|
|57||In which century did the automobile manufacture in large scale?||20th Century|
|58||Name the country located in North America ?||United States|
|59||Some calendar begins the week on Sunday. What is the other day which commonly starts as week ?||Monday|
|60||Where would you see the exhibits of dinosaurs ?||A Museum|
|61||Which country is in the southern hemisphere, Canada or Australia?||Australia|
|62||In which season people will be least likely to go skiing?||In summer|
|63||Which of these was last to be explored, Himalayas, the moon or Australia ?||the moon|
|64||Would letter or email would be the fastest way to get a message to your professor?|
|65||Jane and Peter have 3 children. They are 4, 13 & 15 years old. They only have one son, who is their youngest||13 years old|
|child. How old is their middle child ?|
|66||Which would be better to report the population of a major global city – hundred, millions or billions||Millions|
|67||This work is due for submission, one month from 15th June, on what date it be submitted ?||15th July|
|68||Who would you consult to treat a fear of crowded places, a philosopher or psychologist ?||a psychologist|
|69||How would most people travel to work each day, in big cities like Hong Kong, Tokyo and New York ?||by public transportation|
|70||Would a supermarket, a cafe or bookstore probably have the widest range of products available?||a supermarket|
|71||In which room of their home would someone usually wash their clothes ?||in the laundry room|
|72||Despite all the advances in equality between the sexes, would more men or women play professional football?||more men|
|73||Which major branch of science deals with classification of human beings ?||biology|
|74||In most university courses there are two ways of being assessed, one is orally, the other is through||written assignments|
|75||Name the month that falls between September and November ?||October|
|76||Would a town, city or village probably cover the largest area ?||a city|
|77||Which of these would probably be found in most homes around the world, a computer, a bed or a tv ?||a bed|
|78||What does the main difference between the wrist watch and a clock relate to ?||their relative sizes|
|79||Which section of the train timetable will tell you, what time the train leaves ?||Departures|
|80||What do we call the list of steps, which tell you to put something together ?||Instructions|
|81||What do we call the meeting, where an employer ask potential employee questions about their work experience?||Interview|
|82||What desk you go to when you first arrive at the hotel ?||Reception or Check in desk|
|83||What is the job title, someone who designs building||Architect|
|84||What term is used for the amount you pay to the landlord, for living in his house or apartment?||Rent|
|85||What do we call a first meal of the day?||Breakfast|
|86||What word is used for someone who watches the sports event ?||Spectator|
|87||What object will you use to climb up to the roof of the house ?||Ladder|
|88||If you don’t feel like eating, what do we say you don’t have ?||appetite|
|89||What do we call the organ in our chest, we need to breath ?||Lungs|
|90||If someone lives in the urban areas, where do they live ?||in city|
|91||What does the king or queen wear on their head on official ceremonies ?||Crown|
|92||What do we call the book with list of words, with their meanings ?||Dictionary|
|93||What is the source of solar energy ?||Sun|
|94||When the writer of the book is unknown, what word we use for the writer ?||anonymous|
|95||What do we called a company or organisation that gives money to sports event in exchange of advertising||Sponsorship|
|96||What do we called a study of living things ?||biology|
|97||What a winter, spring, summer and autumn ?||Season|
|98||What is the collective terms for cows and bulls, specially on the farm ?||Cattle|
|99||Is something is not expensive, what do we say it is ?||Cheap|
|100||What a people wear, if they can’t see very well ?||Glasses or Lens|
|101||If something such as fabric or medicine is artificially made, what do we say it is ?||Synthetic|
|102||What type of food is an apple ?||Fruit|
|103||How many months are in a year ?||twelve|
|104||What is the opposite of East ?||West|
|105||When ice is in the room temperature, what does it become ?||Water or liquid|
|106||Which sweet food is produced by bees ?||Honey|
|107||Where can people go to borrow books ?||Library|
|108||Who serve food in a restaurant ?||Waiter or Waitress|
|109||What is the word in geometry, for shape has three sides ?||Triangle|
|110||What do we call the alphabetical list, at the end of the book, that tells you where to find specific information ?||Index|
|111||What is the word for the place, where rivers start ?||Source|
|112||Who is the main journalist responsible for producing newspaper or magazine ?||Editor|
|113||A business does not want to make a loss ? What does it want to make ?||Profit|
|114||What is the economic sector that deals with the farming ?||Agricultural sector|
|115||What do you call a very long essay, that student have to write for doctor degree ?||Thesis or dissertation|
|116||What is the word for a period of 100 years ?||Century|
|117||At what ceremony, the students receive their degree or diploma at end of their study ?||Convocation|
|118||What do we call the date, the piece of work must be finish by ?||Deadline or Due date|
|119||If telescope is used for far distant object, what instrument is employed for minuscule objects ?||Microscope|
|120||A list of events placed in time order, is usually describe as what ?||a chronology / a timeline|
|121||A manufacturing process releases noxious gases. What is the most important safety measures for workers at this||ensuring good ventilation|
|plant – ensuring good ventilation or appropriate footwear ?|
|122||What kind of punishment is less severe, an imprisonment or community service ?||community service|
|123||In a figure of hexagonal, how many sides does it have ?||six|
|124||What key minerals makes sea water different from fresh water ?||salt|
|125||Which is a longest, a decade, a millennium or a century?||Millennium|
|126||How many sides are there in a bilateral agreement ?||two|
|127||What organs do cardiologist specialist in ?||Heart|
|128||In the animal kingdom, the purpose of camouflage to attract a mate, to find food or to hide ?||to hide|
|129||How do we weight butterfly ?||I think it is grams|
|130||What Dermatology specialized in ?||Skin – Baldness & Hair|
|132||What is Hematology relates to ?||blood test|
|133||What is Orthopedic relates to ?||Joints, Knee, bones|
|134||What is term Neuro-Psych ?||brain injury or mental health|
|135||What is term Immunology?||Immune related, HIV/AIDS|
|136||What is term Otolaryngology?||ENT, Ear – Nose & Throat|
|137||What are senses||feelings|
|138||What is a recession ? Downfall in economy, nation wealth etc||Downfall in economy|
|139||Increase in iron, good or bad for health ?||bad|
|140||What is Ophthalmologist specialist in ?||perform eye operations|
More answer short question will be updated from recent exams.
Please Like and share on Facebook
More practice links: