PTE Academic Speaking answer short question|Most repeated answer short question
We have compiled answer short question samples for PTE exam aspirants.Lets have alook a the list of questions below:
Most frequent Real answer short question from recent exams(updated):
1. What is the first paragraph of an essay? – Introduction
2. What do we call the thread in the center of the candle? – Wick
3. What are the mountains that can erupt? – Volcanoes.
4. What are the people who study history and historical evidence? – Historian.
5. Which symbol is used to complete a sentence? – Full stop / period
6. Where does a camel normally live? – Desert.
7. A document protecting someone’s intellectual property? – Copyright.
8. What is the job title for someone who makes meals in a restaurant? – Chef/Cook
9. Which part at the end of book can be used for further reading? An index or a bibliography? – Bibliography
10. What does a Sundial measure? – Time
11. How many years are there in a passage of decade? – 10 years
12. Who sits in the cockpit of an airplane? – Pilot.
13. When your bone is injured and broken, what would you say you have? – Fracture.
14. How do you call the people who work for a company? – Employees.
15. Which one is more fuel efficient, a small car or a large truck? – A small car.
16. What is the big musical instrument that has 88 black and white keys? – Piano.
17. What is the meaning of “post” in the word “postgraduate”? – After
18. How many days are there added in February during a leap year? – ? 1 day
19. How do you call a doctor who can sell prescribed medicines in a hospital? – Chemist/Pharmacist.
20. Which one would a vegetarian most likely to eat, sandwiches or fruit salad? – Fruit salad.
21. Which one has a lower humidity, a desert or a rainforest? – A desert.
22. If you have a toothache, do you go to a surgeon or a dentist? – Dentist.
23. Animals with white ivory and long trunk? – Elephant
24. How many years does a centennial celebrates? – 100 years.
25. What do you call a list in front of a book which outlines the structure of a book? – Table of Contents
More Answer short questions
1. Which one has a higher humidity, a desert or a rainforest? – A rainforest.
2. Under which circumstance would you describe the economy as a good one, the one with high unemployment or low
unemployment? – Low unemployment.
3. How do you call the book where you collect all your photos together? – Album.
4. How many days are there in February during a leap year? – 29 days.
5. When you use Microsoft Word, what does “Times New Roman” mean? – Font.
6. Which organ is the blood pumped from? – Heart.
7. How would you describe someone who can speak two languages? – bilingual.
8. What is the outer part that protects fruits like oranges and bananas? – Peel.
9. Where can students borrow reference materials in school? – library.
10. How do you call the money that citizens must contribute to the government for public use? – Tax.
11. What kind of clothes and shoes do you wear to keep it comfortable when hiking? – Hiking outfit.
12. What is the hardest/toughest part of your hand? – Nails.
13. What is the hard object in the center of peaches, apples and pears? – Stone.
14. In a grassland or a swamp can you normally see an alligator ? – Swamp.
15. If you want to find the map of the US, what type of book should you use? – Atlas.
16. Where can you find the index in a book? – At the end.
17. What is the electronic device that wake you up in the morning? – Alarm clock.
18. How do you describe the line that divides a circle in two pieces? – Chord
19. When you react to a stimulus, is your response quick or slow? – Quick.
20. Why are bees so important to agriculture? – Pollination.
21. If you are happy with an agreement, what would you like to put at the bottom of the contract with the date? – Signature.
22. What is the natural material used to make a car tire? – Rubber
23. What does the chemical symbol H2O stands for? – Water.
24. A newspaper is published everyday, and a journal is published every month. What do you call the publication that is
published four times a year? – Quarterly.
Answer short question archive
|1||What do we call a period of 10 years ?||Decade|
|2||What do we call a period of 100 years ?||Century|
|3||What do we call a period of 1000 years ?||Millennium|
|4||A specialist who repairs leaking water pipes is called as ?||Plumber|
|5||What is a painting of person head usually called ?||Portrait|
|6||Where would you find an urban area: in a city or in the countryside ?||a city|
|7||What do we call it when the Moon completely blocks out the light from the Sun ?||A Solar Eclipse|
|8||What point of compass is directly opposite to East ?||West|
|9||Where do you pay for your purchases at a supermarket ?||Till or checkout|
|10||What do you call an apartment that is below ground level: a basement apartment or a penthouse||Basement apartment|
|11||What feature do pianos and computers have in common ?||Keyboard|
|12||If you are feeling fed up, is it a positive or negative feeling ?||Negative feeling|
|13||What emergency service is usually called when someone is in trouble at sea : ambulance or coastguard ?||Coastguard|
|14||Name a month that falls between April and June ?||May|
|15||What word describes moving a program or other material from a website to your computer ?||Downloading|
|16||What do we call a picture that a doctor takes to see inside your body ?||X-ray|
|17||A famous canal links the Mediterranean sea with the Indian Ocean. Is it the Corinth or the Suez Canal ?||Suez Canal|
|18||What crime has someone stealing items from a shop committed: shopfitting or shoplifting ?||Shop Lifting|
|19||If someone is feeling a little ill, they may say they are feeling “under the ” what ?||Weather|
|20||Who is the person in charge of a football match ?||Referee|
|21||What do we call the last game in a sporting competition, which decide the champion ?||Finals|
|22||What is the general term of paintings of the countryside or natural views ?||Landscape|
|23||Which of these would probably be found in an office : a printer, a blanket or a nail brush ?||a printer|
|24||Where would you store meat you wish to keep frozen at home ?||Freezer|
|25||What is the most important document you would have to show if you wanted to hire a car ?||Drivers Licence|
|26||Where would you go to work out on a treadmill ?||Gym|
|27||What piece of equipment would you use to go diving in the sea, an aqualung or an aquaplane ?||aqualung|
|28||What piece of equipment would you use for floating on the sea ?||Aquaplane|
|29||Where would you most likely go to buy some flour; a bakery, a florist or a supermarket ?||A Supermarket|
|30||Which hospital department would you go to for an x-ray : radiology or cardiology ?||Radiology|
|31||Where would you go to see an exhibition of sculpture ?||Art gallery /Museum|
|32||Would you measure the volume of bottle water in liters or Kilos ?||Litres|
|33||What’s the joint called where your hand is connected to your arm ?||Wrist|
|34||What do you call a system of government in which people vote for the people who will represent them ?||Democracy|
|35||What do we call the piece of paper that proves you have bought the item ?||Receipt|
|36||What do you call the document that gives details about your qualifications and work experience ?||Resume|
|37||How would you describe an economy based largely on farming ?||agriculturist|
|38||What is the study of stars and planets called ?||Astronomy|
|39||In business and advertising what does PR stand for ?||Public Relations|
|40||Which section of a Newspapers gives the editor’s opinion ?||editorial|
|41||What instrument would you use to examine very small objects or life forms ?||Microscope|
|42||What is a destructive program that spreads from computer to computer ?||Virus|
|43||What term is used for animals such as humans that usually give birth to live young : mammals or reptiles ?||Mammals|
|44||What is the quickest way of traveling from Hong Kong to Paris ?||by plane|
|45||What is the name for the huge natural body that orbits the sun ?||A planet|
PTE exam questions from recent test-PTE exam memories
PTE Academic speaking short question answer practice sample 2
|46||What can be added to the drink to cool it down on hot day ?||Ice|
|47||What special document do most people travelling from one country to another carry ?||Passport|
|48||What kind of equipment is used to protect motorbike rider’s brain from injury ?||a Helmet|
|49||What is the last thing to do when baking a cake ?||cook it in the oven|
|50||Would you go to the pharmacy or surgery to get a prescription filled after visiting a doctor ?||a pharmacy|
|51||There are two main way to pay in shop, one by cash and other by ?||Credit Card|
|52||How many days are in a leap year ?||366|
|53||To improve their health and fitness, most people either try to improve their diet or ?||do more physical exercise|
|54||Would it be better to use kilometers or kilograms to measure the distance between two cities ?||Kilometers|
|55||The large island just off the coast of mainland Europe is home to which country ?||The United Kingdom|
|56||Would it be better to go jogging at noon, or in early morning, if you wanted to avoid the hottest part of the day?||early morning|
|57||In which century did the automobile manufacture in large scale?||20th Century|
|58||Name the country located in North America ?||United States|
|59||Some calendar begins the week on Sunday. What is the other day which commonly starts as week ?||Monday|
|60||Where would you see the exhibits of dinosaurs ?||A Museum|
|61||Which country is in the southern hemisphere, Canada or Australia?||Australia|
|62||In which season people will be least likely to go skiing?||In summer|
|63||Which of these was last to be explored, Himalayas, the moon or Australia ?||the moon|
|64||Would letter or email would be the fastest way to get a message to your professor?|
|65||Jane and Peter have 3 children. They are 4, 13 & 15 years old. They only have one son, who is their youngest||13 years old|
|child. How old is their middle child ?|
|66||Which would be better to report the population of a major global city – hundred, millions or billions||Millions|
|67||This work is due for submission, one month from 15th June, on what date it be submitted ?||15th July|
|68||Who would you consult to treat a fear of crowded places, a philosopher or psychologist ?||a psychologist|
|69||How would most people travel to work each day, in big cities like Hong Kong, Tokyo and New York ?||by public transportation|
|70||Would a supermarket, a cafe or bookstore probably have the widest range of products available?||a supermarket|
|71||In which room of their home would someone usually wash their clothes ?||in the laundry room|
|72||Despite all the advances in equality between the sexes, would more men or women play professional football?||more men|
|73||Which major branch of science deals with classification of human beings ?||biology|
|74||In most university courses there are two ways of being assessed, one is orally, the other is through||written assignments|
|75||Name the month that falls between September and November ?||October|
|76||Would a town, city or village probably cover the largest area ?||a city|
|77||Which of these would probably be found in most homes around the world, a computer, a bed or a tv ?||a bed|
|78||What does the main difference between the wrist watch and a clock relate to ?||their relative sizes|
|79||Which section of the train timetable will tell you, what time the train leaves ?||Departures|
|80||What do we call the list of steps, which tell you to put something together ?||Instructions|
|81||What do we call the meeting, where an employer ask potential employee questions about their work experience?||Interview|
|82||What desk you go to when you first arrive at the hotel ?||Reception or Check in desk|
|83||What is the job title, someone who designs building||Architect|
|84||What term is used for the amount you pay to the landlord, for living in his house or apartment?||Rent|
|85||What do we call a first meal of the day?||Breakfast|
|86||What word is used for someone who watches the sports event ?||Spectator|
|87||What object will you use to climb up to the roof of the house ?||Ladder|
|88||If you don’t feel like eating, what do we say you don’t have ?||appetite|
|89||What do we call the organ in our chest, we need to breath ?||Lungs|
|90||If someone lives in the urban areas, where do they live ?||in city|
PTE speaking short questions and answers from Mc Millan
PTE Academic speaking short question answer sample 9
PTE Academic speaking short question answer sample 1
|91||What does the king or queen wear on their head on official ceremonies ?||Crown|
|92||What do we call the book with list of words, with their meanings ?||Dictionary|
|93||What is the source of solar energy ?||Sun|
|94||When the writer of the book is unknown, what word we use for the writer ?||anonymous|
|95||What do we called a company or organisation that gives money to sports event in exchange of advertising||Sponsorship|
|96||What do we called a study of living things ?||biology|
|97||What a winter, spring, summer and autumn ?||Season|
|98||What is the collective terms for cows and bulls, specially on the farm ?||Cattle|
|99||Is something is not expensive, what do we say it is ?||Cheap|
|100||What a people wear, if they can’t see very well ?||Glasses or Lens|
|101||If something such as fabric or medicine is artificially made, what do we say it is ?||Synthetic|
|102||What type of food is an apple ?||Fruit|
|103||How many months are in a year ?||twelve|
|104||What is the opposite of East ?||West|
|105||When ice is in the room temperature, what does it become ?||Water or liquid|
|106||Which sweet food is produced by bees ?||Honey|
|107||Where can people go to borrow books ?||Library|
|108||Who serve food in a restaurant ?||Waiter or Waitress|
|109||What is the word in geometry, for shape has three sides ?||Triangle|
|110||What do we call the alphabetical list, at the end of the book, that tells you where to find specific information ?||Index|
|111||What is the word for the place, where rivers start ?||Source|
|112||Who is the main journalist responsible for producing newspaper or magazine ?||Editor|
|113||A business does not want to make a loss ? What does it want to make ?||Profit|
|114||What is the economic sector that deals with the farming ?||Agricultural sector|
|115||What do you call a very long essay, that student have to write for doctor degree ?||Thesis or dissertation|
|116||What is the word for a period of 100 years ?||Century|
|117||At what ceremony, the students receive their degree or diploma at end of their study ?||Convocation|
|118||What do we call the date, the piece of work must be finish by ?||Deadline or Due date|
|119||If telescope is used for far distant object, what instrument is employed for minuscule objects ?||Microscope|
|120||A list of events placed in time order, is usually describe as what ?||a chronology / a timeline|
|121||A manufacturing process releases noxious gases. What is the most important safety measures for workers at this||ensuring good ventilation|
|plant – ensuring good ventilation or appropriate footwear ?|
|122||What kind of punishment is less severe, an imprisonment or community service ?||community service|
|123||In a figure of hexagonal, how many sides does it have ?||six|
|124||What key minerals makes sea water different from fresh water ?||salt|
|125||Which is a longest, a decade, a millennium or a century?||Millennium|
|126||How many sides are there in a bilateral agreement ?||two|
|127||What organs do cardiologist specialist in ?||Heart|
|128||In the animal kingdom, the purpose of camouflage to attract a mate, to find food or to hide ?||to hide|
|129||How do we weight butterfly ?||I think it is grams|
|130||What Dermatology specialized in ?||Skin – Baldness & Hair|
|132||What is Hematology relates to ?||blood test|
|133||What is Orthopedic relates to ?||Joints, Knee, bones|
|134||What is term Neuro-Psych ?||brain injury or mental health|
|135||What is term Immunology?||Immune related, HIV/AIDS|
|136||What is term Otolaryngology?||ENT, Ear – Nose & Throat|
|137||What are senses||feelings|
|138||What is a recession? The downfall in economy, nation wealth, etc||Downfall in economy|
|139||Increase in iron, good or bad for health?||bad|
|140||What is an Ophthalmologist specialist in?||perform eye operations|
141. When you use Microsoft Word, which category does “Times New Roman” belong to? – – Font. /
Typeface. – Font
142. Which organ is the blood pumped from? – Heart
143. What is the hardest part of your hand? – – Nails
144. When you react to a stimulus, is your response quick or slow? – Quick
145. What device is used to measure a 200-meter sprint? – Stopwatch
146. Tomorrow’s lecture has been canceled. If today is Tuesday, then on which day was the lecture canceled?
147. What do bees collect from the center of flowers? -Pollen
148. How many hemispheres does the equator divide the globe into? -Two
149. What is the device that shows the time of the day according to the shadow of sunlight? – Sundial
150. What is the opposite of the word ‘artificial’? -Natural
151. What is the dictionary of synonyms and antonyms? – Thesaurus
152. What is the tool that you use to measure an adult’s weight? – Scale
153. What is the opposite direction to where the Sun rises? – West
154. Which of the following is not a means of transportation: plane, train, or car model? – Car model
155. When something is given in a pair, how many of them are there? – Two
156. What do meter and millimeter measure: weight or length? – Length
157. What order is a bibliography usually listed in? – Alphabetical order
158. What is the activity of inhalation of tobacco substance that is harmful to our health? – Smoking
159. If you want to read tragedies or comedies, what genre of book do you read? – Fictions/Novels
160. What is the music that is recorded for a movie or a film? – Soundtrack
161. What’s the color of the medal that a champion gets? – Golden
162. What medal does a champion get? – A gold medal
163. What financial institution do people usually go to to save money? – Bank
164. Where do people go to watch sports or games? – Stadium
165. What are the two holes in your nose that you use to breathe? – Nostrils
166. Which part of a birds’ body is used for flying? – Wings
167. Which part of the body do mammals use to feed their next generations? – Breast
168. What material are windows made of? – Glass
169. What is the job title of someone who works at the beach and saves people’s lives when they are in danger
in the sea? -Lifesavers
170. When a person’s Blood Alcohol Content is higher than the standard range, what activity are they not
allowed to do? – Driving
171. What do we call a car that uses two types of fuels? – A hybrid car
172. What is the name for students in universities who have not yet graduated? – Undergraduates
173. When you have the primary and the secondary, what do you have next? – Tertiary
174. What kind of educational institution does a 10-year-old child study in? – – Primary school/Elementary
175. What documents would a doctor give to a patient to buy medicines? – Prescription
176. When we say “Dollars, cents, pounds, euro…” What are these called? – Currency
177. What would you call a doctor who treats sick animals? – Vet/Veterinarian
178. Who takes care of people who are sick and stay in the hospital? – Nurse
179. If a magazine is published quarterly, how many times a year is it published? – Four (times a year)
180. What movement can babies do before they can sit and walk? – Crawling/Crawl
181. Where can you normally find the index in a book? – At the end (of the book)
182. What subject involves the study of the Periodic Table? – Chemistry
183. What rises from the east in the morning and sets to the west in the evening every day? – The Sun
184. What is the magazine that is dedicated to academic news? – Journal/ Academic journal
185. What is the collection of comma, period, colon, exclamation marks, and question marks? – Punctuation
186. Where do people watch plays? – Theatre
187. What is the act of students being present at school? – Attendance
188. What is the short piece of music that comes before a longer piece, and is often used as an introduction? –
189. What is the ground military forces? – Army
190. Apart from addition, subtraction, and division, what is the other mathematical calculation method? –
191. What do we call the legal document that states how people’s property should be allotted after their
deaths? – Will
192. What is the antonym of horizontal? – Vertical
193. How many years are there in a century? – 100 years
194. What is a ship that can travel underwater? – Submarine
195. What is the device that controls electrical appliances on and off? – Switch
196. What do you call the person who plays musical instruments as a job? – Musician
197. How do you describe an event that is held every two years? – Biennial
198. How often does a biennial convention take place? – Every two years
199. What force makes humans stay on the earth? – Gravity
200.What is the opposite of division in mathematics? – Multiplication
201. What do you throw underwater to keep ships staying on rivers or oceans without drifting away? – Anchor
202. What is the occupation that transfers one language to another language? – Translator
203. What do forks, spoons, and knives belong to? – Cutlery
204. Apart from coffee and tea, what beverages also contain caffeine? – Coke
205. Which continent do China, India, and Japan belong to? – Asia
206. How do you call someone with no hair? – Bald
207. What is the long speech that is spoken by only one actor in a film or play? – Monologue
208. What is contained in poisonous animals? -Venom/poison
209. Which part of the body do we use the nasal spray in? – Nose/Nostril
210. What is the description of events that are spoken with background music during a film or a play? –
211. What do you call the siblings who were born at the same time? – Twins
New Set of answer short questions
1.What would call a doctor who sells prescribed medicines? – – Pharmacist / Chemist.
2.What is the legal document protecting someone’s intellectual property? – Patent
3.Animals with white ivory and a long trunk? – Elephant
4.How many days are added in February during a leap year? – – One.
5.How many quarters in a calendar year? – -Four
6.How many days are thre in a week? – – Seven
7.What is the ceremony where two people get married? – -Wedding.
8.How many years are there in the passage of a decade? – – Ten
9.How many years are there in a millennium? – -1000 years.
10.How many years does a centennial celebrate? – – 100 years.
11.What does a thermometer measure? – -Body temperature.
12.How would you call people who study ancient bones, rocks and plants? – Archaeologist.
13.What is document does a student get when he completes his study at university? – Graduation
14.In addition to A, E, I, O, what is the other vowel letter? – U
15.If telescopes are used to locate distant objects, what instrument is employed to magnify minuscule objects? –
– (electron) Microscope
16.If there are 8 black balls and 1 white ball, and I randomly pick one, which color is most likely to be picked?
17.If you get sick, you go to see a doctor in the hospital. There are different types of doctors. Some doctors deal
with bones; some deal with the heart. Which doctor deal with teeth? – – Dentist
18.If you want to buy a ring, who do you approach, a jeweler or pharmacist? – – Jeweler.
19.On what geographical location would someone be living if their country is surrounded by water on all sides?
20.What do you call a difficult time when economic activities slow down, and there are more people
21.Some calendars begin the week on Sunday, what is the other day which commonly starts a week? -Monday.
22.What are the instructions that tell you how to cook food? – – Recipe
23.What is the job title for someone who makes meals in a restaurant? – – Chef.
24.What’s the name of the building where you can borrow books? – – Library
25.What do we call a book that contains lots of words with their meanings – – Dictionary
26.What do we call a period of 100 years? – — Century
27.What do we call the alphabetical list, at the end of the book that tells you where to find specific information?
28.What do we call the study of living things? – – Biology
29.What do you call a list in front of a book that outlines the structure of a book? – – Table of Contents
30.What do you call a piece of equipment we use to look at stars? – – Telescope
31.What do you call the document that tells your qualification and work experience? – Resume
32.What do you call the strap that secures a person in a car or an airplane? – Seatbelt.
More answer short questions will be updated from recent exams.
Please Like and share on Facebook
More practice links:
PTE Academic speaking practice mock test 1
PTE essay template & structure
PTE essay-It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school