PTE writing summarize written text scoring and strategies
Summarize written text carries more points(my assumption based on my experience), Try to cover the main point and write 30-35 words using COMMA and connecting words like hence, so, because, however, but, instead … etc.
Only one FULLSTOP should be used at the end and start the sentence with capital letter.
SUMMARIZE WRITTEN TEXT scoring
– 2 Provides a good summary of the text. All relevant aspects mentioned
– 1 Provides a fair summary of the text but misses one or two aspects
– 0 Omits or misrepresents the main aspects of the text Enabling skills and other traits scored
– 1 Is written in one, single, complete sentence
– 0 Not written in one, single, the complete sentence or contains fewer than 5 or more than 75 words. PTE Summary is written in capital letters.
– 2 Has the correct grammatical structure
– 1 Contains grammatical errors but with no hindrance to communication
– 0 Has defective grammatical structure which could hinder communication
– 2 Has an appropriate choice of words
– 1 Contains lexical errors but with no hindrance to communication
– 0 Has defective word choice which could hinder communication
PTE summarize written text tips- things to remember in test
Follow the principles of good English
– If you read carefully how the PTE Academic scoring engine evaluates your written text, much of the doubts would be clear to you and with this new set of to-do, you think that you can achieve 90/90.
– Well, one can but I would tell some more tips which will really help one even if his/her vocab and grammar is not very strong. 90/90 is only possible with strong vocab and grammar. However, you can expect 73+ with average vocab and grammar with below tips.
– It says between 5 – 75 words but try to write between 35–45 words. A too long sentence is not generally grammatically correct. Even if it’s correct, PTE scoring algorithms are not programmed to evaluate long sentences correctly.
– Pretty obvious however pay attention to the fact that you use only full stop/period and that too at the end of the sentence.
– Do capitalize the starting words and nouns (Names) in the sentence.
– Don’t provide any examples, reasons, and illustrations, whatsoever.
– Write the summary in third person form. Don’t use I, We… etc.
– Generally, most of the summary of the answer is in the last paragraph so concentrate on it.
– Also, try to summarize each para first later concentrate on it and make it a single sentence.
Practice these summarize written text strategies and tips.
People appeared in PTE exam can share their experience, suggestions & tips in the comment section below.
Please Like & Share with other PTE aspirants.
More PTE Practice Links: